The Yamuna is an Indian river of great spiritual significance and is greatly revered by Hindus all across the world. The river Yamuna is an earthly manifestation of Goddess Yami, the sister of Yama and the daughter of Suryadev. It is associated with Lord Krishna who lived in Braj Bhoomi where the river passes through. Lord Krishna spent his childhood on the banks of river Yamuna with his brother Balarama and the Gopis. There are several pilgrimages located on the banks of river Yamuna. The Yamunotri or the source of Yamuna is one of these holy locations which is also one of the Char Dhams of Uttarakhand including Kedarnath, Badrinath and Gangotri.
Importance Of Yamuna Pooja
The worship of Devi Yamuna is one of the most important ceremonies in Hinduism. Bathing in or offering worship to Devi Yamuna can cure diseases, wash away one’s sins and help them gain salvation or Moksha. Devotees gain ultimate mental peace and great spiritual and material happiness by taking dips in the waters of this holy river. Offering worship to it enlightens one’s soul and brings harmonious joy to their lives.
Advantages Of Yamuna Pooja
1. Brings the divine grace of Lord Krishna in one’s life
2. It purifies the souls of devotees.
3. Cures diseases and ailments and improves their earthly lives.
4. Washes away the sins of devotees and gives peace to the souls of their ancestors.
5. Helps one attain Moksha or liberation of the soul.
Recommended for you