Ambubachi Mela 2018 - Maa Kamakhya Prasad
Ambubabchi Mela 2017 is from 22nd-25th June
Ambubachi Mela is the most auspicious time to worship maa Kamakhya. This annual fair is the celebration of the yearly menstruation course of goddess Kamakhya. This year Ambubachi Mela will begin from June 22 and will ends on June 25. It is also known as Ambubasi, Ameti and Tantric fertility festival.
On such a divine occasion don't miss to seek Maa kamakhya blessings! Click on Buy Now button.
Prasad of Maa Kamakhaya will be home-delivered
Ambubachi Mela - the 4 day Fest
- The temple remains closed for three days – the menstruation period.
- After three days Maa Kamakhya is bathed and other rituals are performed.
- On the fourth day, temple doors are reopened and prasad is distributed.
Significance of Ambubachi Mela
- It is the festival that celebrates strength of the Female and the power of procreation.
- It is believed that if you worship at the Kamakhya Temple during this auspicious mela, all your desires are fulfilled.
- You will be blessed with 'Mokhsa'.
Please note that we do NOT send the red cloth of Mata to prevent tantrik and other misuse, unless we are 100% convinced of your reason of taking the same.
About Maa Kamakhya Temple
Maa Kamakhya temple is one of the 51 Shakti peethas in India. Kamakhaya Devi is said to be a form of Goddess Durga or Shakti. She is also closely associated with Maa Kali and Maha Tripura Sundari. The name Kamakhya means 'beloved goddess of desire''. The deity of the temple is a natural stone crevice which symbolises the 'Yoni'. Yoni is a female generative organ. And the deity is always kept covered with a silk saree, flowers and Sindoor (vermillion)
Please feel free to give us a missed call at 09933421341 for any questions.