Mahabaleshwara Prasad, Gokarna
Offer prasad and seek Lord Shiva's Blessings
Offer Prasad to Lord Shivva at famous Gokarna Mahabaleshwara temple, Gokarna and get the Prasad delivered to your home!!
- According to the legend, the Atmalinga was perforce placed at Gokarna, in the temple precincts where it is now deified, by Ravana, when he carried it from Mount Kailash in the Himalayas.
- Pilgrims take a holy dip in the Arabian Sea before visiting the temple for worship.
- It is one of the seven sacred Muktikshetras or Mukthistala (place of salvation) in India where many Hindus of Karnataka perform obsequies (death rites) for their departed
- Shivaratri festival, observance of the union of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, is celebrated in the temple town in February, when a very large number of pilgrims visit the shrine
- Darshan Timings : 6 am - 12:30 pm, 5 pm - 8 pm
Recommended for you