Sri Krishna Mutt Prasad, Udupi
Offer prasad and seek Lord Krishna's Blessings
Offer Prasad to Lord Krishna at famous Krishna Mutt, Karnataka and get the Prasad delivered to your home!!
The Krishna Matha was founded by the Vaishnavite saint Shri Madhwacharya in the 13th century.It is believed that Madhwacharya found the idol of SriKrishna in a large ball of gopichandana.
The unique feature of Shree Krishna Mutt temple is that the Lord is worshipped only through a window with nine holes called the Navagraha Kitiki.
- The daily sevas (offerings to god) and administration of the Krishna Mutt are managed by the Ashta Mathas (eight temples).
- Each of the Ashta Mathas performs temple management activities for two years in a cyclical order. They are collectively known as the Krishna Matha.
- The ceremony of handing over the charge of worship by one Math to another is known as the PARYAYA FESTIVAL.During the Paryaya festival, held every two years, the temple management is handed over to the next Matha.This tenure of worship by rotation is known as paryaya.
- During the Paryaya festival, held every two years, the temple management is handed over to the next Matha. Each of the Mathas is headed by a Swami, who will be in charge of the temple during his Paryaya.
- Darshan Timings : 5.00 AM - 9.30 PM
- Sunday: 5.00 AM - 9.30 PM
- Public Holidays: 5.00 AM - 9.30 PM
Recommended for you